- ¼ cup softened butter plus ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar...
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large, ripe bananas, crushed
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- ½ to 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour loaf pan & set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar, add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Sift flour, soda & salt together and slowly add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in crushed bananas, nuts & butterscotch chips by hand.
- Bake for 1 hr. 15 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 2-3 min then turn out onto cooling rack.
- Serve with butter, cream cheese or by itself.