2 (12-oz.) packages white chocolate morsels; 6 (2-oz.) vanilla candy coating squares; 1¾ cups dried cherries, divided; 1½ cups chopped red or green pistachios, divided.
Microwave chocolate morsels and candy coating in a large
microwavable-safe glass bowl on HIGH setting for three
minutes, stirring at one-minute intervals.
Stir in 1¼ cups cherries and 1 cup pistachios.
Pour candy mixture evenly into a 15×10-jellyroll pan lined
with wax paper and press the remaining ½ cup cherries and
½ cup pistachios into chocolate mixture.
Chill 1 hour until firm. Cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Adapted from Southern Living Christmas Cookbook, 2013, Gifts from the Kitchen.
- ¼ cup softened butter plus ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar...
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large, ripe bananas, crushed
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- ½ to 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour loaf pan & set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar, add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Sift flour, soda & salt together and slowly add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in crushed bananas, nuts & butterscotch chips by hand.
- Bake for 1 hr. 15 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 2-3 min then turn out onto cooling rack.
- Serve with butter, cream cheese or by itself.
- 6 oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed & undiluted
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbls. Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- 2 cups assorted melon balls – cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored & cubed
- 3 small cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Combine lemonade concentrate, marmalade & liqueur, stir well.
- Combine melon balls, strawberries, & pineapple in a large bowl.
- Pour lemonade mixture over fruit, stir gently.
- Cover & chill at least 2 hrs.
- Spoon fruit into cantaloupe halves & garnish with mint.
- Fresh tomatoes, sliced ¼” to ½” thickness
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Your favorite grated cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Butter or Texas olive oil
- Place sliced tomatoes on ungreased baking stone.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Dot with butter or olive oil.
- Top with your favorite cheese and fresh basil.
- Place under broiler in oven (or on the grill) until cheese melts & starts to bubble.